Even the best real estate leads are only as good as the property that is being sold. Or to put it more precisely, the best leads are made better with the proper staging of the property involved. And let’s face it – in real estate it is all about putting the best face possible on a given property. This is why we’ve boiled down five essential home staging ideas that are both easy to do and proven to bring in the money. Hopefully, these tips will add to your arsenal of education, our probate marketing courses and our vetted leads.
- Go digital to stage on a budget: Virtual staging is the latest thing and it expands the scope of who your potential clients can be. Use one of the many real estate imaging services to create virtual furnishings that look almost impossible to differentiate from the real thing. This will help potential buyers picture themselves in the home you are trying to sell them far easier.
- Have pictures taken of the home before you stage it: To give potential buyers a better idea of how they would decorate a space, have your photographer take pictures of the listing empty before you stage it. This will also spare you the cost that your virtual stager would charge to remove furniture and then photograph that space.
- Change outdated lighting fixtures: Lighting fixtures are usually such a prominent feature in most homes that it would be a huge mistake to not replace old ones as a part of the staging process. Fortunately, lighting fixtures are non-structural features of a home that can be switched out fairly easily. Moreover, a shiny new lighting fixture adds a touch of class to a home.
- Make sure the home is cleaned inside-and-out before you stage it: Take the time and effort to make sure that the outside of the home is in tip top shape and that it has curb appeal. Make sure that the home is power-washed, that its gutters are clean, that its lawn is manicured, etc.
- When in doubt, bring in a professional home stager: The majority of sellers and even real estate professionals have no idea to how stage a home so that it has optimal appeal. If needed add professional stagers to your network of partners.
According the National Association of Realtors, staging a home increases its value by anywhere from 6 to 10%. This is why it would be foolish to neglect this vital part of selling an estate once you have the leads and education we can offer you.